Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference Weekend

I love General Conference weekend. Listening to Prophets and Apostles as you sit all cozy on the couch with your notebook and tasty food, nothing better. Erin and Sarah slaved away all night over beautiful, homemade croissants for us to enjoy that morning. For lunch in between sessions I decided to try out this recipe that my mom had sent to me. She got the recipe from Kristen Powell who brought it by to feed my family while my mother is out of commission. Not only is Kristen a good cook, she is a great hairdresser too. And for those of you who missed conference, it's online now and you can watch it while you eat! http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1298,00.html


Thai Noodle Salad


3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (boiling is probably fastest, but grilling might taste better)
1/2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
1 tsp sesame oil, toss w/ pasta after cooking
1 cucumber, sliced thin
Bean Spouts
Green onions, sliced
Cilantro, chopped
Peanuts, chopped


Dressing – blend the following:
¾ cup rice vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp sugar, (honey would work too)
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper 
2-3 teaspoons minced garlic
(This dressing is a pretty amazing oriental dressing on its own, my roommate wouldn't stop smelling it) 


Prepare ingredients and arrange in separate bowls. All ingredients should be chilled up until serving time.  Let everyone make their own salads – starting with the noodles on the bottom and topping with the dressing.  
Tip from Sister Powell- I keep my ginger in the freezer and then grate it with a fine grater instead of mining it, that way I don’t even have to peel it, but it only works to grate it if it’s frozen

No comments:

Post a Comment